The most beautiful piece of music in the world?

As I was reviewing my recent blog posts I found this intriguingly-entitled draft:



I didn't remember having written a draft post about the most beautiful piece of music in the world, and it obviously hadn't been published. More curiously, I couldn't immediately think what was the most beautiful piece of music in the world, so I was surprised that I had known back in August 2014 when the draft had been created. Was it the second movement of Beethoven's 7th Symphony? I felt sure that it must be. But it could also be Ravel's hypnotic Bolero, I pondered, as I heard the derisive laughter of a thousand orchestras trying to contain their tics brought about by 339 bars of trauma. Or it could be The Doors' charmingly simple Indian Summer, or Sibelius' Finlandia, or The Velvet Underground's I'll Be Your Mirror, or Heroin, or Sunday Morning. It probably wasn't anything from my favourite Pink Floyd album, The Wall, because whilst it is astounding, it has rather too many war planes to be considered truly beautiful. It could be any of Chopin's Grandes Valses but I don't think I could have chosen one above the others. I decided that it must be either the second movement of Beethoven's 7th or the first movement of Mozart's Clarinet Concerto.

With great excitement, I clicked on the title to see if I was right.

The post inside was completely blank.

______

If you enjoyed this post, you can follow me to receive new posts by email. Thank you for reading! 

Or see more posts here: Get in the tuktuk, no time to explain


Comments