Boston

Although I have a fairly good idea of what I think of Boston, I don't know what to say about it in casual conversation, and I don't really want to read the heroic stories and look at the pictures that seem to be so prolific and horribly gorey. The only thing I will say - and this furthers my decision yesterday to return to marathon training this year - is that if I have a mind that desires to run and race, and all four limbs that are intact, and nerves and sinew and tendons and skin and lungs and heart and all of the miraculous pieces that fit exactly together to make me a kinetic, physical, cognisant person, then as a runner it is a shame and a sacrilege not to use all of the wonderful machinery that is my body and put it towards a goal as fulfilling and as uniting as a marathon race day.

Comments