Songs for Sunday morning

This banana is pink.
There is something about Sunday morning* that seems to be universally accepted in the stream of human consciousness as an important occasion. This is manifested in several excellent songs about the time of the week in question, which I find quite interesting. I wanted to write about them today for no other reason than a few of these songs are by some of my favourite bands, and sharing is caring, et al.

These ones come to mind:

The Velvet Underground: Sunday Morning. This is high up in my undetermined list of favourite songs. I struggled to find a suitable link, as YouTugle has decided to restrict access to the excellent The Velvet Underground & Nico full album. I listen to this album several times a week, and I'll never grow tired of it.

No Doubt: Sunday Morning. Great band, No Doubt. This video is well worth a watch to enjoy Gwen Stefani's psychotic tendencies, and because several people get a face full of spaghetti and sauce.

Lionel Ritchie: Easy. There can never be quite enough sequinned pyjama suits in the world. And just look at that smile!

Maroon 5: Sunday Morning. I'll be honest, the video of this song is quite uninteresting - no one throws pasta around, for a start - and the song itself is about four and a half minutes longer than necessary. But I like making lists, and this added one more item as a filler.

The Beatles: When I'm sixty four. There's some wonderful psychedelia in this video. After you've listened to this song, go and put on the full Sgt. Pepper album. It's Sunday. What else is there to do?


* I realise that at the time of writing, it is in fact well into Sunday afternoon, but we won't linger too long on the fact that my day started several hours later than usual. I'm in a different timezone today. Plus I ended up lost for several hours in the wonderfully murky world of the interwebs, getting distracted from one song to another.

Comments