The taper is here!

I completed my last long long run this morning: 20 miles. It was a tough session, all on muddy, stony trails with the wet and gritty surface constantly moving beneath my feet, and I was extremely tired towards the end. I ran slower than 10 minute mile pace; more like 10:30s or 11:00s in places, but I think that's ok, given the unfamiliar terrain. My new shoes have also been behaving themselves during the last few runs, and I don't have too many strange warning niggles going on in my body that allude to an incoming injury. For the next three weeks it's the taper, and I feel it's well-deserved, too (although my groaning muscles may have a strong influence on my opinion). I'm pleased with my training and I feel that I've done as much as I could have, especially given some of my unpredictable circumstances over recent weeks, which has involved staying at four different houses in a week and having to make up new running routes as I travel.

Next step: a lot of chicken and an early bedtime.

Comments