Unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed

Because David Bowie, that's why
I've just finished my 18 mile long run of the weekend, and I'm revelling in the comfortable, idle post-run happiness of a Sunday afternoon. I find something hugely satisfying in being unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed after a job well done; creaking up the stairs to lie on the floor and stretch. I'll just lie here all day looking up at the sky through the window, I think; I have no other plans. Or I'll stand in the hot shower for hours, and perhaps eat a banana while I'm there. We started our run just after dawn and had finished by late morning. I'm not obligated to anything; no people to see or things to do. I have a whole day stretching luxuriously before me, a world of possibilities. I have food in the house, beer in the fridge, and rugby on the telly. My only vague plan is eat a lot of chicken, and take an indulgent nap. My current main concern is whether to put pyjamas on or actual clothes. A happy post-run daze.

Comments